The EAEPE Scientific Development Plan identifies priority Research Areas (RA) of scientific development for EAEPE.
For each RA, two Research Area Coordinators (RACs) are appointed by the Council. The primary role of a RAC is as a network-builder, linking EAEPE in with other researchers and other networks. This is why the designation/reappointment of RACs for each research area should obey the following rules: RACs should be preferably complementary in their expertise and come from distinct affiliations, as well as, in principle be based in different countries.
Each RAC is encouraged to:
- develop international networks and seminars relating to the research area;
- organise sessions at the annual EAEPE conference
- apply for EC, nationally-funded or private grants for research work in the area;
- develop and promote research material for future EAEPE conferences relating to the research area;
- make a contribution to the development of EAEPE sponsored publications reflecting work in the research area;
- make a contribution to the EAEPE Newsletter and the EAEPE website with information and other material relating to the area.
Every year after appointment, each RAC is asked to submit a Research Area Report, of no less than 500 words, on the annual progress of his or her work in the Research Area, to the EAEPE Council.
The Scientific Development Plan Officer is:
Institute for Economics
University of Technology Vienna
A-1040 Vienna, Austria
Tel: (+43) 1 58801 10535
Fax: (+43) 1 58801 105399